National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) is a new scheme of Government of India to promote apprenticeship. It was launched on19th August 2016.Apprenticeship training is one of the most efficient ways to develop skilled manpower for industry by using training facilities available in the establishments without putting any extra burden on exchequer to set up training infrastructure. After undergoing apprenticeship training, candidates become equipped to easily adapt to the industrial environment unlike applying for regular employment.
- The Apprentices Act, 1961 was enacted with the objective for imparting on-the-job training.
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is the administrative ministry responsible for implementation of this Act.
- The National Policy of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship 2015, launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on 15th July, 2015, focuses on apprenticeship as one of the key programs for creating skilled manpower in India.
- Apprenticeship training is the most efficient ways to develop skilled manpower for industry by using training facilities available in the establishments without putting any extra burden on exchequer to set up training infrastructure.
- After undergoing apprenticeship training, candidates become equipped to easily adapt to the industrial environment..
- The scheme entails financial support to establishment's undertaking apprenticeship programs.
**Apprentice must possess minimum of 14 years age
Eligibility of Apprentice
An apprentice is a person who has executed a contract of apprenticeship with the employer for apprenticeship training under the Act.
Scope of the Scheme
This scheme will cover all categories of apprentices except apprentices which are covered under National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) administered by Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Eligibility of Employer to run Apprenticeship Programmes
The employers interested to avail the benefits of the scheme must fulfil the following:
As per the Apprenticeship Rules (amended 2019), the stipend to be paid to an apprentice is as below: -
Role of Third Party
ORION EDUTECH IS APPROVED “THIRD PARTY AGGREGATOR” FOR NAPS BY MINISTRY OF SKILL DEVELOPMENT & ENTREPRENEURSHIP, NEW DELHI
Third Party Aggregator is an entity that assist the employer/establishment to –
- Submit contract of apprenticeship on the apprenticeship portal on behalf of the employer for registration by Apprenticeship Adviser.
- Furnish all the returns on the portal-site on behalf of the employer.
- On behalf of employer submit the reimbursement claims towards stipend to employers and also submit the claims of basic training cost in case employer is basic training provider under NAPS.
- Comply with formalities required for trade apprentices for appearing All India Trade Tests for Apprentices as and when required.
Orion Edutech as TPA As a TPA Orion Edutech is working with multiple companies and providing manpower under NAPS. Few company names are listed below –
- Zemoda Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Amrit Export
- VGM Consultant Pvt Ltd
- Multiplex Home Appliances
- Feel It Apparels Pvt Ltd.